02 April 2014

New ruler

In my post yesterday I said about a new ruler that I bought having seen it demonstrated on Saturday. It's called '2 Peaks in 1' and I had a go at a block on Sunday.  I made a nine patch which also included half square triangles and a square and auditions some settings





This is what the ruler looks like

The angle of the big triangle is less than 60 degrees, so can't get away with using the 60 degrees mark on a normal ruler. I took a photo of this on top of an equilateral triangle as a comparison.

From the demo on Saturday rectangles can be made from using the half triangle bit of the ruler with a square in the middle.


As you can see I had fun playing with this. 



1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts