16 November 2014

Busy Sewing Sunday

The observant amongst you will have noticed I haven't blogged for a couple of weeks.  I am still finding that working doesn't leave as much time for sewing as I'd like but I'm sure that as time goes on I'll find more energy to get more sewing done.

Today started off rain, so a perfect day for sewing.  I've made a block for Bee Blessed that was shown on Sew Me Sarah's site, It was quite easy to put together, I could make more but I've left it at just the one.  Next on my list was the Jungle quilt that I worked on earlier this year and hadn't professed until now.  I wanted to free machine quilt it, but adding to the 'in the ditch' quilting and leave it at that.  I've trimmed down the wadding and trimming the backing with a small margin to turn the hem to the front for binding.  I can then hand sew in the evening.

This afternoon I got together 4 red and white Disappearing Four Patch blocks trimmed down to 7", they were 8.5" and thought they looked a little big. Joined together and with 1.5" border around. I machine quilted the piece and this evening before dinner joined a back to make a cushion.  I may add some stitching around the border to made an Oxford finish cushion. Still I've used up bits of red.


And here's the back of the cushion

And at last updating the blog, So I feel I've had a productive day.

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts