28 February 2015

Not A Lot Happening

I had a flu bug last week and struggled as I returned to work this week, though I got better as the week progressed.  Not a lot of sewing has been going on for a couple of weeks now, but should be getting back into full swing.

I'm just doing a catch up of things from earlier this month, which like last month is about pouches, with a Sew Together bag, which I was quite pleased about.  I keep looking at it and opening the large zip as I can't quite believe how it all came together.  I think I have exorcised my fear of zips now.

The top two pics are of the Home Sweet Home blocks that I've made, 7 so far and may make some more next month, see how things go.  I've also made a couple of blocks to send to Bee Blessed. Neither  blocks have been sent to their destinations, but will put that right in the coming week.

In March though, I hope to get some inspiration from the Duxford Quilt Show, near Cambridge, which I'm going to on Friday.  Anyone else going?  David and I will also see the IWM aeroplane museum too while there. We'll also have a visit to Cambridge during that weekend. It'll be nice to have a few days away somewhere different.

It will also be International Quilting Day on 21 March and will be joining the Tarrant Valley Quilters, near Blandford, which is a nice relaxing sewing day out.

 Meanwhile tomorrow we'll be spending time with the grandchildren and seeing Shaun the Sheep the Movie, which was postponed from last Sunday, which I'm really looking forward to. 

6 comments:

  1. Lovely stuff! Hope you enjoy Duxford - I haven't been since I was a kid! Bet Shaun will be fab

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your work and glad you are feeling a little better - I am currently full of the flu and can't do anything about it as I am on immune suppresants! Not fun. Enjoy Duxford

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you're feeling better after the flu. Enjoy Duxford!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blocks. I hope you enjoy the quilt show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the zippy pouch, I have been thinking of tackling one but am a bit uncertain about all those zips. You have encouraged me to have a go! Happy quilting this week, thanks for visiting my blog,
    Kind regards,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are very lovely blocks. I like the colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts