01 May 2015

May Day

One third of this year gone and into May! Bank holiday this weekend so an extra day to enjoy and hopefully find time to escape to the sewing room.

April has been a month of big change as I've mentioned in previous posts.  Two trips to Bristol to help my daughter, Sarah, move back to Poole after living away from home for nearly 13 years and to start a new job.  Celebrations to as my youngest son, Jamie, had his 30th birthday.  This involved a trip to the Isle of Wight for the day, where Jamie, his wife and sons were staying on holiday.  A smashing day out   with that holiday feeling coming over us even though we were away for a day.   I also had a trip to Brockenhurst, with my Mum, to top up on some fabrics at the Needlework Fiesta.  So all in all, a very busy month, and that's without work, where it's been hectic too with the tax year end.


At the beginning of the month I sent off 8 more Home Sweet Home blocks (above left) to Mary, who requested boyish blocks for Siblings Together Quilts for the summer camps.  I hand quilted two more Dolly Dress Up blocks (above centre) and will have to think how I will put all 6 blocks together in a pleasing arrangement. The photo on the right show all my fabric purchases, some half metre as well as fat quarter pieces that I bought this month, when I totted the lot up it came to 5 metres in all!

I've also made a bit more progress on the deconstructed quilt and sandwiched the layers together ready to quilt.  I've got a few bags of scraps (Mum's and my own) so had a good sort out into strips, useful size bits and itty bits which will go to good "homes" this month.

My main machine has gone to the sewing shop in New Milton for servicing and although I'll be without it I do still have another machine to fall back on. If all else fails, then there's knitting and I could not resist this knitting book, it may be Christmassy, but the way this year is going I may have to start now.

Don't those reindeer look fab?

I've been trying to get a photo of a bus, not any old bus, but one designed by the Arts University Bournemouth and one day got a ride home on it. I don't know what the bus driver thought of my taking a photo when pulling away from the bus stop!

Does this look like patchwork or what!! Diamonds, Half Square Triangles, Clamshells, Cathedral Windows, what else can you see?

What's in store for May? Quilting my deconstructed quilt, now its been sandwiched together and I have some blocks laid out on my desk to be put together as a cushion cover, which will go towards charity makes.  Keeping the list small and simple, that way I'm not putting myself under too much pressure.  Hopefully I may get more done that I hope.

Linking up with Lily's Quilt's Fresh Sewing Day.


Fresh Sewing Day
Happy May Sewing!


3 comments:

  1. What a busy month!! They are great blocks for the Siblings Together quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those knitted reindeer are very cute! Love the bus!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts