01 June 2015

Flaming June!

I might wonder what I meant by the title later. Lets just say it's the first day of summer, so the weather is cold, wet and windy. Welcome to summer.

May was a manic month, not all of it in a bad way, though. Having visitors come to stay, being out and about was nice.  I had the opportunity of taking one of our visitors to Sewing Saturday afternoon earlier this month. Also a brief visit to relatives in Guernsey and a day out in Somerset.  Not so good was David's stay in hospital so having booked to go away on the last Bank Holiday weekend, it had to be un-booked, but we're going away weekend after next instead to Devon.

As for sewing I've said hello to a new machine and goodbye to an old one in my post here. I've had a play of the new one and the Juki is brilliant, there doesn't seem to be anything it can't handle. I still have the Pfaff, which I will have to sort out. The large Janome now has a lovely new home.


I have made some other things too this month
Just little things, but it all counts.  A pouch made from the You Tube video instruction from the Gourmet Quilter, a cushion made from bow tie squares that my Mum made, a pincushion from a tutorial on The Chain Piecer's blog and some Sweet Sixteen blogs which I will swap with Benta.  (I will when I get around to posting!).

If you look on yesterday's post I've also had a lovely workshop day and it was a pity to go back to work today without another opportunity to play.

Not photographed but in progress is machine quilting my deconstructed quilt from last year. I've also found a couple of orphan blocks which might to be made into cushions.  So enough to keep me busy in June.

I will also be going to the National Quilt Championships on 20 June in Sandown, Surrey, so looking forward to visiting that.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't the weather naff!!!! But some lovely making !!!

    Which day are you going to sandown? I'm going on the Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am new to your blog, and really enjoying it. I live in a tiny village in Norfolk, and I love CQ and embroidery. My garden is way behind because of the weather. Oh wouldn't it be lovely to have even just a few days of sunshine?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts