15 February 2016

The Splendid Sampler

In my last post I mentioned a new project, The Splendid Sampler, run by Pat Sloan and Jane Davidson.    On the run up to this starting yesterday, 14th February, there was a bonus block and a few other items.  The blocks for the sampler, 100 of them, are 6.5" square. I'm not sure if I will keep up with this, but there is no race to keep up or even to make all 100, but the intention of this is as a skill builder rather than a competition to get the blocks made quickly.

Anyway this is the bonus block that I made before the start of the Sampler.


I've had a few eighths of this French General style of fabric, which I've had in my stash for a few years. 

Here's the first block, called Hearts Aflutter.


Being as the time difference with the release of the blocks is Eastern Time in USA and UK time is 5 hours behind I didn't see this posted on Facebook until early afternoon.  Before then I made a pincushion, from instructions by Kim from My Go-go Life blog

It was a tough one getting through tall the layers when joining the fabric to the Cathedral Window square, but it was quick to make.

There are loads of hearts on The Splendid Sampler blog or on Instagram #thesplendidsampler. Go and have a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts