06 March 2016

Splendid Sampler 2

The Splendid Sampler Sew along started last month with the latest block (no 7) having been released today.  It's an embroidery which I've traced out ready to stitch one evening this week.

So far this is what I've made
The bonus block as a starter. This would have been used for a block keeper for the forthcoming instalments.

This was the first instalment, Hearts Aflutter.  The second one is Wings, with the little half square triangles being like butterfly wings

The third one I haven't completed yet, which has lots of small pieces hearts. I hope that I can completed this soon. 
No. 4 is Happy, Happy. Applique with embroidery. I've enjoyed this little bit of embroidery.

The next one was another pieced block called Simple Simon, a split nine patch.
Finishing today with Focal Point. This had to be pieced very carefully to avoid 'unstitching'. It was nonetheless quite a striking block.
So that's my round up of blocks so far.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, what a variety of blocks, these will look great all together!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts