12 March 2016

Splendid Sampler 3

On Thursday and yesterday evenings, being home alone as David has been away for a couple of days I made the latest block and caught up with previous blocks.

This is what I made on Thursday, entitled Friends Around the Square designed by Julie Karasek, the latest block in The Splendid Sampler.

Meanwhile I had been embroidering this block

Snug as a Bug by Amy Sinibaldi. 

And catching up with the little hearts in this one
Lots of Love by Melissa Cory.  These hearts are tiny 2" square, so they took some doing, but got there in the end.

All up to date now with my blocks and I made a collage of the 9 (8 plus bonus block) and pincushion too.
I started off with red/white, white/red combinations but other colours are creeping in, like the black and white.  I've bought some more red fabrics from my local quilt shop, Cherry Tree Fabrics and will have to look out for more. Seems I don't have much red in my stash ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts