20 February 2007

Latest Postcards

I've just sent of postcards for the Valentine swap on BQL (British Quilt List) Postcard group. I already had some material with hearts, roses and letters on them and decided that some pink/orange silk would go well. I origally trimmed them with gold organza ribbon but badly underestimated the amount of ribbon needed, so then bought some gold ricrac to trim. I found some pale pink fabric for the postcard backs and wrote in red. Really pleased at how they turned out.

My Mum's Quilts

I thought I would share a couple of quilts that my Mum has made. A friend at one of the local quilt groups, Freda, gave some novelty fabric to anyone who could make good use of it, the only proviso was a photo of the finished quilts. I passed some football (soccer) and basketball fabric onto Mum who's made a couple of quilts for the local Project Linus. Here they are.

Take a Stitch Tuesday - Feather stitch

Here's a picture of my latest sample of feather stitch for the TAST challenge. I used another piece of the UFO that I'd used for the January Cheer postcards. There's just one piece left now I'm sure that'll be used soon!

10 February 2007

Latest TAST sampleshttp://www2.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gif

I've posted the latest TAST samples onto my Flickr site.

I've used UFO's from previous postcard projects for samples of Chevron stitch and Cretan stitch. Have used what evenweave fabric that I have for the Algerian Eye. A good excuse to go to Hobbycraft to get some more and some multicolour Anchor threads too.

06 February 2007

Not having post since last month, thought I should put this right. I belong to a postcard group, an offshoot of BQL (British Quilt List), a Yahoogroup. In January there was a big swap called January Cheer, for which 13 postcards were made. Here is my contribution, below.

I made 3 "collections" - Nobody Here But us Chickens - using up a suprising amount of chicken fabric that I have in my scrapbox, didn't know I had that much. The next was Flower Fairies using some fairy picture fabric combined with scraps that I had of matching fabric. The third was using a silk piece that I cut into smaller pieces and embellished with embroidery, sari yarn, sequins and ribbon.

I'll post sometime soon with the postcards that I've received, got 11 so far..