10 May 2008

This week without a sewing machine

This week should be cancelled, I decided. After the Bank Holiday on Monday (5th) I went back to work for one day, then I've been off sick since. I'm suffering a cold/flu virus so have done bits when I can and rested when I can. Today still finds me still very achy and tired so I think the weekend can be written off too.

When I've been able to do stuff this is what I've done, below. I've got a little pouch done for my i-pod Shuffle, which literally took minutes on the Embellisher felting some lovely silk waste onto purple felt. Added a covered button with a popper fastening underneath.Front

and back. See that I did a couple of circles from the back so the purple showed in the front.

Another "little" job that took all day off and on was sorting out my fancy threads onto card bobbins. Got most done, still a lot to do. To the right of the box is a little pile of thread snippets which will be cut smaller and used to embellish or sandwich with Bondaweb and fabric.
Another bit of sewing that I did was to make an A4 journal size quilt for Alzheimers fundraising in Salisbury. This used some of the fabric that I used transfer paints on. I used thread and fabric snippets (this was before I sorted the thread box), layer of Misty Fuse, and fused together. I then laid petal and leaf shapes with white tulle on top and fused together before hand stitching. I've got to put a hanging sleeve on the back of this, but I think it looks quite good.

My sewing machine is not back yet from the dealers, I hope it comes back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts