12 July 2008

Christmas already?

I know it's only July, but I've got Christmas fabrics out already! I'm currently demonstrating Reversible Table Mats over the next 2 meetings on Quarterjack Quilters using Sharon Pederson's method of Reversible Quilting from the book of the same name. To save trying to choose what colours to use, I dived into my stash and pulled out Christmas fabrics. The original pattern size was 14.5" wide and 40" long, which was a bit big for a table mat so have done a more manageable 9.5" x 19". Last night I showed how the blocks were made and at the next meeting how the pieces are joined by sashing.
Today I went to Romsey, Hampshire to the Romsey Quilters exhibition with my friend Penny. The main exhibition is in Romsey Abbey with more quilts shown in 3 other venues around the town as part of the group's 25th anniversary celebrations. This weekend only a 5th venue behind the Abbey grounds displayed pieces from an open competition. The picture below shows this spectacular quilt made by Ann Ohlenschlager inspired by mosaic floors whilst on holiday in Rome
Fantastic, isn't it? But then the quilts displayed are all lovely and it's difficult to choose a favourite. Took lots of pics and it was a lovely day out. Romsey itself was bustling too as there was a music festival as part of their arts weeks. At King John's House some jazz music was played outside in the garden as we were looking at quilts inside. The exhibition goes on to 20 July and they have a website.

1 comment:

  1. Oophs, I meant to comment on this post about the lovely place mats and photo of the "tiled repo" quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts