23 September 2008

Stringing along

On Saturday I went with my Mum to the New Forest Quilt Group's one day show at New Milton. A lovely sunny day it was a nice drive out there. It was only small but packed with lots of quilts all sizes and a hallowe'en challenge so not easy to take pics so I didn't try. I did purchase some fabric and threads (I know I shouldn't but it doesn't take up much space when moving!). I saw some lovely hand-dyed thread from Dyeing for It (sorry, they don't seem to have a website so no link, I'm afraid). The first pic has the contents of their bits and pieces bag and the second pic were more threads that I bought.

Sunday saw the start of the September BQL bag. A log cabin bag with a zip top (not looking forward to that). I did start with all good intentions of using the strips that I have in the scrap bag but I did then cut some strips from the stash. Anyway no new fabric was harmed in the making of this bag - I'm still sticking with using what I've got.

I quite enjoyed the process of joining the strips and as you can see I draped one of the strips with the log cabin blocks in a string before it was cut up. It looked like bunting!

The last pic taken this evening is the work in progress. I now have both sides done now and ready to layer and quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts