30 May 2009

Things made and received

Or should it be received and made?? I find that Blogger puts the photos in reverse order to which they've been uploaded so its a case of having to think in that order too, which I didn't do this time. Earlier this month I did some postcards for the BQL postcard group swap, which was Flip and Sew which you can see in my last post here. From the top are cards I've received from Claire, Janet, Jacquie and Plum. Aren't they lovely and colourful?
Onto things things made and last week at Creative Embroiderer's Group we made some funky fabric brooches in an evening workshop by Gemma Nemer, who is a very keen collector of vintage textiles. Janet has some pics of the workshop over on her blog. This little brooch (looks enormous in the photo but is only about 4.5" in diameter) was made from black/white and white/black fabrics from my stash. It was a very enjoyable evening and good to go home with something completed.
Something that I have been making on and off for a little while now and finally finished to give to my sister last weekend was a wallhanging, about 18" square. This is from Jennie Rayment's daisy pattern so the points on the daisy are made by folded squares into the seam sections with yellow prairie points in between. I free machine quilted the background with a pearly metallic yarn, which just catches the light. This will go well in her living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts