27 August 2009

I've had some time to sew too.

BQL calendar challenge this month is half square triangles and if you saw my post earlier this month (here's the link) I tried some different combinations before settling on this star. Here it is all completed. It was simple so I kept it simple with stitching in the ditch (in the seam lines) and finishing the quilting with fancy machine stitches along the white strips.
The reverse of the quilt top before being hidden with wadding and backing fabric never to be seen again
And this was the backing that I used. Some shibori dyeing from ages ago which makes an interesting backing.

I've also made some postcards for the BQL postcard group on the theme of Trapunto and this time I took a leaf shape and added stitched veins before adding further wadding to do free machine quilting on the background. Keeping things simple again, it only took the morning to make.
And here's a close up of one of the cards.
I quite like Trapunto and may explore this technique further later on.

1 comment:

  1. That trapunto work is great, thanks for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts