31 July 2010

More postcardy stuff...

For my 200th post (took a while to get there) I'm showing more postcards that I've made and received in the past week.

This week I've completed the set of postcards for the general BQL list challenge and they were sent out on Wednesday.  After having abandoned my crazy quilt cards after completing 2 I then opted to make 4 flip and sew cards and add some embellishments like using fancy machine stitches, ribbon and sequins and here's a pic below.

And here was the state of my room after finishing - what a mess.  I have tidied up (a bit) since then.


I'd also received more from this swap and also the BQL Postcard Group "Something Green" swap and below are the complete sets (some you will have seen from my previous post.
 
The other weekend I went to Doncaster Racecourse for the Summer Crafting exhibition.  What was meant by crafting was of the scrapbooking, card making variety, but thought it may give me some ideas.  I did buy some Micron pigma pens a set of 8 in a variety of colours for just £5.00 - seeing as they usually sell in quilt shops for around £2.50 it was a bargain.  But I had to try them out first - this was on a spare piece of pelmet vilene...

2 comments:

  1. Love your postcards, and the ones you received. I'm still thinking about joining BQLPC, what's the commitment - is it a monthly swap, how many cards etc? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not a mess, it's a creative environmment!

    Your postcards look good.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts