22 August 2010

The first leg of our holiday was to go down to Dorset for the day and stayed at my parents' overnight.  My Mum and I went to the Quarterjack Quilters exhibition at Upton House in Poole.  Took a while to catch up with people that I hadn't seen for some time, that I only had a short time to take photos.  So here are a few of what I did managed to take while I was there.
This is what I could not resist, small challenge quilts about 12" square I think, of black, white and one other colour and what a variety of quilts were produced.
There were also a lovely selection of giraffes, and I've just noticed that one has a hat on!  This was taught by Jan, who's speciality is making toys.

 This scrappy quilt contains teddy bear fabrics - didn't know there were so many! I can't say who made this as I can't remember.

And I really like the colours in this quilt.  This was displayed quite high under the picture rail in the house.

So just a taster of what we saw there.  It was a lovely sunny day too (nice to see the sun for a change) that we couldn't resist an ice cream after seeing the quilts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts