13 October 2010

More cards

I've been for a second cardmaking lesson last night and am really learning quite a bit.  I made 2 last night using Distress Ink pads in different shades and rubbing those on with a sponge pad to create a light middle and darker outside to the cards.  As last week I have a bash at what I've learned, but because I make do with what I've got the results are very different but quite pleasing.

This was a card I made last night with a pale orange to dark orange around the edge

Two shades of blue over the pearl paint and dark blue snowflakes

Out of class the cards I made this morning with a bird stamp embossed on top
I've used a dark purple pad to stamp the bird and embossing powder on top (which I shouldn't have done as the powder stuck to the bits it shouldn't).  Having learned that the powder wouldn't come off easily I then used a cotton wool pad to wipe away the excess and have a circle of it around the bird on the purple card.  For the blue one I stamped and embossed the stars first before running the ink from a blue pad over it.

As for sewing it has not been neglected.  Here's a pic of what I'm working on and since this pic was taken on Saturday I have now put a border on so the quilt is getting there.  Here it is - a quilt for Freddie - long overdue (the quilt that is - he is 10 months old now).  I can see myself working on this on the Friday Night Sew In which is this Friday 15th October - I'll go and correct that, what a Wally!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts