28 September 2011

Creative Stitching and Hobbycrafts Show, Exeter

Having worked from home virtually all week David was wanting to get out at the weekend.  In fact we hardly had any time at home last weekend.  On Saturday we ventured over to Exeter to the Creative Stiching and Hobbycrafts show.  This has been a regular event for some years but never got around to visiting so this show was a first time for us.  Besides quilting, embroidery and knitting there were yarn spinning groups, sugarcraft and even an egg-decorating group represented there.  There were quite a few papercrafting traders too, so an interesting selection of things to see.

There were displays to see as well as traders, but although I took my camera I didn't replace my memory card from the last time I uploaded photo's (because I use a card reader to load my photos onto the computer).  So David and I took pics from our mobile phones instead.  Here's one from a display of costumes from the five main characters on Downton Abbey.  I think there may be more photos, but this is the only one that I've got at present.

Further along we saw a large display of postcards by members of the West Country Embroiders and although I took a few photos here the light around there wasn't brilliant but here's a selection.


David liked the embroidered Mini - said it looked like a car from an Ikea advert! He also said with the number of cards that I've got I could rival their display!

I did manage to shop as well and bought some fabric, even some to make a couple of skirts. I've also bought some yarn, a pattern and more unusually, so cutting dies to go with my Big Shot machine which will go towards some card making for Christmas (that's not long now, rather scary thought).
I saw some mask templates, thought it would make interesting effects on fabric as well as card.


The top two fabrics I'll probably make skirts with.  I couldn't resist the Christmas fabrics either. Plenty to keep me busy then.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the photos - ive got tickets for k&s in October, i havnt been before, but now im really looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts