08 August 2012

Show and Tell

It's been a while since I had any sewing stuff to blog about.  There have been a couple of birthdays in the birthday swap (I may have shown this one before) that went to Marion (who asked for dogs)
and this latest one for Jan (who asked for birds)
These little birdies have a tale to tell as they went on a trip of their own before being posted.  I made the card a couple of week's before Jan's birthday and put the card in my handbag before we travelled up to Yorkshire.  David had a team meeting to go to yesterday and we decided to make a weekend of him going Up North.  I meant to post before our journey but didn't get to do that so they travelled around Yorkshire before being posted in Wakefield the day before Jan's birthday! More of our Yorkshire trip later.

The "Have a Go" postcards in July were using Angelina fibres, which I know I had a few colours of, but all I could find was bright white and a lurid lime green!  I used the fibres that I had to trap sequins, threads and some Angelina film.  Just backing with the white from the pelmet vilene meant the cards had a delicate looking appearance.


They still needed a bit of "something else" so I outlined flowers with some glitter glue and added butterfly stickers.

And here are the postcards I had in return

From top left, clockwise, from Jacquie, Pauline, Chris, Alice and Carole. They are just fabulous.

Needless to say that when I had a turn out I found the 3 other colours that I had - bromze, gold and peacock blue!

Last week I made progress on some of my Dresden Plate blocks and put four together to make a quilt top. I couldn't use all six as the fourth blue fat quarter would not stretch that far.

Not quilting just yet, I'm still working on the jelly roll quilt, so it's have to wait it's turn.

I'm not going to Festival of Quilts this year, so on our trip I had to make a stop at the Bramble Patch in Weedon on Saturday, just to buy a few bits and bibs, you know. A good job I had my loyalty card with me, I collected enough to have some money off this little lot.  Also there's a nice exhibition of the Secret Code quilts from the exhibition held at Bletchley Park earlier this year.

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts