05 January 2014

Ain't Misbehavin', (unlike the weather)

This weekend is American Football Wildcard Weekend playoffs so Saturday and Sunday evenings David has been glued to the TV. So last nights late game was recorded and watched this morning and probably tonight's late game will be watched tomorrow. The weather is dire, there are floods in a lot of towns locally as the River Stour has burst its banks and the wind and rain shows no signs of getting any better, but luckily we are not effected by flooding (touch wood).

So it's been the perfect weekend for sewing. Carrying on from the blocks I first started on New Years Day I now have a tally of 13 blocks plus my first one where I thought I should swap blocks and colours around and looks as though I lost it. All the blocks are 8.5" square.

My apologies for the colour choices I was grabbing anything I had complete fat quarters for. It's amazing how in my stash I cut into fabrics so I don't have complete fat quarters

This is the first block



A bit bonkers isn't it

Got a bit better as I went along














I still have quite a few triangles left, though wish the cutting plan had more small squares which would have been useful so I cut some more from spare fabric. This project has kept me busy on New Years Day, yesterday's sewing afternoon at Wimborne and today.

I read a few blogs last night and came across Sarah from Sew Me -
http://sewmeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/bee-blessed-january-2014.html
who wrote about the Blessed Bee and clear instructions for making a Greek Cross block, 12.5" square. So I had to have a go at that.



Not a bad weekends bit of sewing.


Sue W- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Beats watching football anytime.

    Hope you're staying warm and dry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some fab blocks !!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts