14 March 2014

An Update

Thought I'd do a quick catch up as I've not posted for nearly a fortnight.  Not much sewing done until today, when I went to the machine embroidery class working on my landscape.  Here's how it looks now.


I should have looked at frames and mounts earlier as I found the picture was slightly small for one size, and a lot was lost behind the next size down, however it was suggested that if I added a bit more sky at the top it sort the size issue out.  Good thinking, and I added a bit more hill on the left.  I added a the fencing  and more stitching on the hills and sea.  Its difficult when working close to seeing the effect, but photographic just creates that bit of distance and it doesn't look too bad.

The class is in Wimborne, which is a small but bustling town just a short distance away from Poole and Bournemouth.  I really liked the view at the back of the library and museum beside the River Allen
Can't resist daffodils, especially when mixed with primroses!

Almost a fortnight ago, I received my package from Pam, my swap partner in the Olympic Mug Rug swap, all the way from Virginia, USA.


My gorgeous little mug rugs came with a small bag and a beaded scissor keeper. She'd received my package just the week before and loved hers.  A really good swap.  I've decided not to take part in the Quilting Gallery swap for Easter, but instead will take part in the Popular Patchwork forum's swap which is Easter themed too, but to an individual design, rather than the design chosen by the swap organiser.  So will have to get my thinking cap on.

Last Sunday was the first of the really Spring like days.  We went out to Corfe Castle in the afternoon for a wander, which was really busy as a lot of other people were making the most of a sunny warm day (in case it disappeared again, but there have been a few more sunny days this week).  I took photos of sculptures there.



Tomorrow is International Quilting Day (or I've heard it called Worldwide Quilting Day).  How are you celebrating it?  I will be joining friends going to a small group in a village hall near Blandford.  Taking some hand sewing with me and something for a bring and buy.  I hope it'll be a good day. 

Have a good weekend, whatever you do.




2 comments:

  1. That landscape is looking great, you've really made it realistic, especially love the shadows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're having a good day today.

    Your landscape is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts