01 April 2014

That was March, now here's April

Another month has flashed by but well into Spring and some warmer weather.  The big thing that has happened is that I'm not working as of today I am officially unemployed, or as some may say 'a lady of leisure' having given up my job.  I hope to take a couple of months off, there are a lot of things to sort out, before going back out into the world of work once again.

Looking back over this month I have made a few bits and bobs. I've made and finished several bookmarks using up scraps of fabric, pelmet Vilene and  Bondaweb (they will go towards crafty makes for the special school where the quilt group meet) and I've made a small pouch for David's camcorder.  I've also made a mug rug for an Easter Swap (which I can't show here yet). In progress is my landscape picture, which I have progresses any further. 






I've also been to quilty events, the IQD day two weeks ago, a lovely day with a lovely group of ladies in a village hall in the Dorset countryside. On Saturday a group of us visited an open day of White Orchid longarm quilt service in Wimborne, with a visit from Pam Lintott of the Quilt Room. She was demonstrating quilt rulers and their uses mainly with jelly roll strips.  I succumbed to a triangle ruler which I will post about later.

Yesterday I helped a friend with a sales table at the Holt Quilters and Crafters table top sale.  The fine weather bought a lot of buyers and it was pretty packed out! There's also nice tea and cake so that was another attraction.  My friend must have sold half her stuff and I know that she made more money than expected.

So that was March.  What about April?  I've had an email this morning that I have won the April postcard lottery so I look forward to some lovely postcards.  There are 6 people signed up so I won't be inundated.  On the 11th April I will be going to Portsmouth for the Quilters Guild AGM and looking forward to that. A big sort out of my sewing room is needed and this morning have started out sorting books and old magazines to get rid and make room.  That's just the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts