01 January 2015

Happy New Year!

Happy New Look!

Wanting to change things a bit post-Christmas, a new background and new title header. I hope it looks OK and a bit Spring-like for looking forward in the New Year.

Christmas for David, Sarah and me was a busy-ish one, enjoying Christmas Day at my brother-in-law and sister-in-law's home in Surrey, followed by Boxing Day at home with my sons and their families.  Sarah had to return home to Bristol on Saturday because she was working a late shift at hospital. Her train wasn't running and a later one would have pushed her time-wise so a trip quick trip from Poole to Bristol and back again! Fortunately it was a lovely if cold day which made the drive more enjoyable.

David and I had already booked an overnight stay in Plymouth on Monday so an early start to get to Plymouth at lunchtime and a driving tour around Liskeard, Looe and back to Torpoint with a ferry crossing back to Plymouth. On Tueday we toured around Kingsbridge to Dartmouth, Totnes and Newton Abbot before returning home.  It was just a quick getaway to make the most of our time off over Christmas holidays and not too far a drive to explore when the year progresses.

As you will have guessed not a lot of sewing was done, but more progress was made of knitting the snowman, more of which I hope to show in another blog.

This morning I read Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville blog with the solution for the Grand Illusion Mystery Quilt.  If you have read my previous posts about this I've made 10 of each unit as I didn't want to make a big quilt and see where the 10 took me.  Whether its to make more units for a bigger quilt top or to keep things small.  I have made one block here


Photo taken while in progress on my chair.

Then with the green/neutral/black sashing around it.


There are some blocks left which are to be used as the border in the quilt after a first border strip is sewn around the quilt.  Lets see how big this quilt top will be before I decide on borders.

I don't go back to work until next Monday, so I will have the opportunity to review the past year's sewing and look at what projects lie ahead for the year.

Finally, I'm linking with Lily's Quilts Fresh Sewing Day (haven't done that for a couple of months at least) so if you've popped over to my blog from there - Welcome! Come and say Hello!

Fresh Sewing Day

Whatever you do have a great New Year with lots to look forward to in 2015. 

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have had a lovely holiday and that is a pretty block. All the best for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. like the new look x Hope 2015 is a good one x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year to you and yours x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts