02 February 2015

Better Late Than Never

I've missed yesterday's Fresh Sewing Day at Lily's Quilts, but I thought I should still do a round up of what I've made in January.

With a bit of jiggery-pokery as things have changed when editing and sharing photos the collage has taken longer to move to where I want to be able to access it to put on the blog, but I've got there in the end.

The big picture shows my snowman, knitted from a Sirdar pattern.  Okay, so Christmas has long gone but it's still winter and some places have snow, but not here in the south coast of England.  Above the snowman are the pencil cases I blogged about a few days ago, here. Next to that is the Open Wide pouch with instructions from Noodlehead's blog tutorial, which I made on Sunday morning.  In the corner are two Maple Leaf blocks which I've made for Bee Blessed.  Sarah from Sew Me has a February block which I'm wanting to have a go at, another variation of squares and half square triangles.  The two remaining pics are of my progress with the Grand Illusion Mystery from Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville blog.  I've also spent a Sunday afternoon trying to get to grips with sewing in an invisible zip, with mixed results.  So I'm pleased I've managed to fit some sewing and a bit of knitting for January.

I've got a couple of days holiday to help use my holiday allowance up and my aim is to make some progress on one of my UFO's for Project Linus - the black and turquoise quilt and get that done, so I've declared these 2 days will be sewing days.  I will also attempt to make some small bits - bookmarks or pin cushions - to build up a charity sale stash this month, things that don't take much time to do. I'll see how that goes.

I'll leave this catch up with a closer look at my Open Wide Pouch

I did edit this, but the photo has gone back to the unedited version.  The wonders of modern technology - pah!!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely stuff, especially the zippy pouch and the owl fabric! Can you zap me your address?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stuff, especially the zippy pouch and the owl fabric! Can you zap me your address?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts