31 May 2015

Workshop Play

Today I went to a workshop at Pauline's Patchwork in Dorchester, which was tutored by Gillian Travis from Yorkshire.  I've admired her work for sometime and she's well known for the Indian Ladies pictures and fabric flowers. It was a toss up between the Indian Ladies workshop held yesterday and the Teasels, Seedheads and Cow Parsley one as I couldn't do both, so opted for today's and I've bought a kit for the other.

This was using various paint techniques on heavy weight calico using a wash of a colour mix to make up green, rather than green itself. This was followed by stencilling using stencil masks and also stamping.  

Later, using newspaper, and Echinacea flower was bonded and this was coloured with Inktense pencils.

The second piece was also colour washed and splattered paint around the middle of the piece.  This time screen printed with different coloured paints with the poppy seed heads, teasels and cow parsley. I think I'd like to do more screen printing, I quite enjoyed this.


Here's a photo of what others made taken at the end of the class.

They are so different!

There will be stitching to add to the pieces, which I'll do with my little Janome, it'll love the challenge!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts