14 August 2015

Post Holiday

These are my purchases from the Festival of Quilts, quite diverse from arty to traditional
An assorted bundle of fabrics. The zigzag one is a 2 yard (didn't know you could still get yardage as opposed to metre-age), 3 half metre pieces and the rest are fat quarters as Doughty's had a buy 10 get 11th one free.

Other bid and bobs, small gelli plate and book on gelli printing, a Thermofax screen printing kit, a couple of patterns and an English Paper Piecing kit.

There were some freebies too - some wadding and sample pack of double sided fusible from Warm Company. Also a pettern booklet and pack of 2.5 squares from Moda.

On the way home on Saturday we didn't want to get caught up with holiday traffic through the New Forest during the day, so just outside Birmingham we visited Baddesley Clinton NT a Tudor House with lovely flower gardens and veggie patch with odd looking scarecrows.

I did take a couple of photos with my phone, but because I've lost the photos on my camera I can't show anything more than a pic of a lovely dahlia
Then it was on to Weedon in Northampton to Bramble Patch and a look at their summer exhibition of Traditional Quilts, really lovely collection, but no photos to show. So we ended getting home early evening and busy roads but not too heavy traffic.

When at the Festival I was looking for the book of The Farmer's Wife 1930's Quilt, which has featured on several blogs recently.  I couldn't see that so I sent to Amazon for this, which came yesterday.  Along with that I'd ordered a Baltimore Album book too. The Bourne Quilters might be making a few blocks next month.

Another purchase that I've made are two Craftsy classes which were offered at half price.  One is called Linear Landscape Quilts by Gloria Loughman, whose art quilts I'd enjoyed seeing and also zip It up by Joan Hawley. See how they go.

1 comment:

  1. Lots of lovely goodies! I have the thermofix stuff too - I should dig that out!!! Sounds like a great trip!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts