06 September 2015

Farmer's Wife 1930's Sampler 1

The This post is the first of posts about the progress of the Farmer's Wife 1930s sampler blocks that I will be working on. The Sew Along will start later this month but I wanted to get a 'feel' for working on this. The book has a CD with templates and also for foundation (paper) piecing. I think some people may be English Paper Piecing their blocks (EPP), but sometimes my eyesight struggles with EPP after a while so I think that more detailed blocks may need foundation piecing to deal with all those little shapes.  There are some simple blocks that can be worked out for rotary cutting and piecing, so I had a go at two of them on Wednesday.

I really like the freshness of the fabrics. These are Bonnie and Sarah

This block is called Patricia, which I made this morning. I thought after I made this it looked a bit Christmassy. 

Having fun with these simple blocks. 



1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts