18 November 2015

Christmas Postcards

After a hiatus of nearly a couple of years I've made a couple of postcards. The UK Quilters United group on Facebook has another sub group to swap postcards for this Christmas, so I thought I would join. However I made one postcard which has led to another one being made.  I've done these using reverse applique.

This is the first, a bauble

You'll have to excuse the glamorous surroundings, on my ironing board, propped against my travel iron. I folded gold ribbon to use as binding on this card and had literally half an inch left! The circle is used was traced from the rim of the mug that holds my pens, which you can see lurking behind the ironing board.

Today I made another card with 2 bells overlapping.  I used a large cotton reel for the head of the bell shape which I drew on paper and cut out to make a template, which I then drew onto paper and stitched through the paper onto the fabric. I then cut away the top fabric to reveal the others underneath.  I thought the green fabric was a bit busy, but doesn't look too bad.


Here's a pic of the back of the first card. Another view of my iron again

I'm pleased I can still make postcards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts