10 January 2016

Frustrating Times

I can't seem to settle into anything at the moment, I seem to have a lot of UFO's at present that I ought to finish off.  So to try to focus and organise myself I've got out odd blocks and quilt tops to remind myself of what I should do to finish off and decide what should happen with the quilts.

I've made another Soy Amado block to add to the two I've already done (in my last post).  

Another block I've made from a couple of years ago into a pouch using up a long zip that's in my stash.

Here's another view
Ok, so I have made a finished item this afternoon and that feels a lot better. This will be a make towards a charity event in March.  I've got several blocks like these and if I can get a few zips I will make some more pouches, as this one only took an hour to do from quilting the block to finishing.

Here are the quilt tops that I've turned out that need quilting and finishing off.


Dolly Dress up blocks.  These are already quilted but need blocks to alternate. Not sure how to arrange these yet to make a decent sized quilt.  I may have to get some more fabric that will complement the border fabrics in these blocks for that.


The jungle quilt - it looks finished as the blocks in this are quilted in the ditch and that binding has been  stitched down (using the backing turned to the front).  But I feel that the animals need emphasising so I may hand stitch those to finish off.  This may be a Linus Quilt.

The Birthday block quilt. I started to machine quilt around the blocks and need to carry on with this. The destination for this quilt will be the local charity that provides holidays for teenage cancer patients.

I've got backing fabric for this quilt top, the turquoise fabric, so there really should be no excuse for not finishing this quilt. Because the previous two are more progressed than this one I think this one can wait a little longer to finish off.

So I think in all, along with the Farmer's Wife and Baltimore Album block still in progress, I've got plenty to keep me busy without starting anything new.

Addendum to this post - I've now joined the 2016 Finish-A-Long (link in my sidebar) hosted by Archie the Wonder Dog.  I hope it will encourage me to use my spare time to get stuff done!

3 comments:

  1. Some great projects there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Benta. Now all I need is a boost to get things done!

      Delete
  2. I agree with Benta! Good luck with your list and thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts