01 May 2016

Adding to the stash

April has been a busy month, with working very nearly full time and getting my sewing fix when I can. I've done a workshop earlier this month and last week had a quick visit with my Mum to the Brockenhurst Needlework Fiesta. Lots of mainly embroidery and some quilting things to get creative thoughts going but whether it turns into things is another matter.

I though I would share additions to my stash over last month, starting with fat quarter purchases from Pauline's Patchwork, Dorchester, where I went for the workshop. They weren't used in the workshop but just because I liked them.

The three top ones where from Makowers Vacation collection. I could not resist the glasses, they were smaller than other spectacle fabrics I've seen, lovely summery colours too. The bottom red fabric goes with the hexagon fabric in charcoal and would be a useful addition to the Splendid Sampler fabrics.

From Cherry Tree fabrics, some lovely Lewis and Irene fabrics, I loved the Passion flowers on dark grey and silver grey backgrounds. Half metres of another Lewis and Irene fabric (at the back) and a green Christmas fabric (that didn't look too Chrstmassy) that were at a reduced price.

Then came Wednesday when I went to an open evening run by Ringwood Quilters and a talk by Dawn Cameron-Dick. A very informative talk about machine needles and threads.  I bought a fat quarter of dinosaur fabric but won a raffle prize of some unusual fat quarters of Cotton and Steel fabric.

While unfolding the fabrics to be washed.  I noticed the selvedges, and I've noticed recently how artful selvedges are getting.  I've been collecting for some time, though I've not included them in anything recently.  These two caught my attention in this stash.

Gorgeous butterflies, aren't they sweet?
I like the info on the selvedge of this Cotton and Steel fabric, you don't often see that on fabrics  but it's a good idea.  Often you don't know how old a fabric is. I know that I have a few fabrics that I've kept for years but couldn't tell how long I've kept it.

I think May will be a less hectic month, I will have a week's holiday towards the end of the month when my daughter Sarah and I will be visiting here
Chelsea Flower Show! After watching this spectacle for years, my chance to go! Getting excited.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely fabrics! Very jealous you went to Brockenhurst - It looked fab on Amo's blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts