20 July 2016

Another Sheep

Following on from all those pictures of lambs and sheep from my last post, here is another sheep with a difference.

There is a community project connected with a wool gathering in Skipton, Yorkshire in September called Yarndale. Unfortunately I've never been and I don't think likely to go there this year, but hope I may do one day. However through Instagram I found a recent posting about the project to make either crochet or knitted sheep for selling at Yarndale to raise funds for the local hospice.  More details and links to the patterns can be found on the Yarndale website: http://yarndale.co.uk/

I decided to have a go at a crochet sheep, the pattern designed by Lucy from Attic 24, which I started on Saturday morning and finished sewing up on Sunday.  This is my practice sheep and will make another to send to Yarndale. A cute little thing, she measures 4.5", from head to tail, long by 3.5" from head to foot tall.


She (she is a ewe, of course) looks quite resplendant is her little lilac and purple jacket and just about stands up with a tweak of her legs. 

Buoyed on by my little bash at the crochet sheep I shall make another to send on, but thank you to Lucy for the really clear instructions.

2 comments:

  1. Hoping to have a go at one of these! You've really captured her personality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping to have a go at one of these! You've really captured her personality.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts