01 January 2017

That Was 2016

A year in which I made a few Farmers Wife blocks, lots of Splended Sampler blocks, rediscovered knitting and crochet, and found painting too. Went to Cornwall 3 times, the Lake District, Norway and visited the Chelsea Flower Show for the first time. I've visited 3 quilt shows, though gave Festival of Quilts a break last year. I'll look forward to visiting again this year.

A few completed items. Still many UFO's but what is a quilter's life without them. Increased my collection of fabrics and now yarn too.  Looking back over the past year I have found the blog as a useful tool for journaling my makes and our journeys too.  I've kept the blog going for nearly 10 years now and still find I like to write about things I've done and seen, which is goes against my character as I've never been able to keep a diary!

Here are 8 of 11 journal quilts that I've made last year (the 12th has to be made but that'll come quite soon on the agenda for finishes this month) 

A few finished quilts were done last year. The International Quilt Day sew and flip quilt was almost finished in a day in March, and finished off in April, with another finished by my friend Val and given to Teenage Cancer Trust for visitors to the Bournemouth holiday home. I'd also finished of two quilts in February and August that went to Project Linus.

I've collected stash fabrics wherever I've been 
I think I may scale back a bit in 2017.  I've also got a growing yarn stash now and knitted and crochet a few items. 

I almost forgot the sheep
The purple one is mine, the turquoise one has found a new home, via Yarndale in September.
Sheep also features prominently on our holiday in the Lake District back in July

And some bits and bobs finished in 2016 and a pic of David and I from our last trip in 2016.


I'm hoping for a productive 2017 (don't we all?). It'll be back to my sewing room tomorrow for a Bank Holiday bash catching up with Splendid Sampler blocks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts