28 February 2017

End of February Already!


I can't believe how it's the end of February and as another colleague of work said this afternoon "10 months time and next Christmas will be over!" Blimey!

So what have I got up to? Well block 100 has been sewn

But of course the blocks I've not been able to get done are still not done.

But I have a pile of 98 blocks now...


A wallhanging has been started and finished (I think) but it has a binding and making my mind up how to quilt the border.
More bits have been knitted for the clown and I'm very nearly there. Without giving much away here's a couple of items that I've made.


I've also had a go at a couple of crochet items. Being as its February I had a go at a Corner to Corner (C2C) Block with heart motif to get the hang of changing colour. This is from Crochet Now magazine.
And a Granny Square heart from a tutorial on Sandra Cherry Heart's blog.

I've also knitted a sheep
This is Suzy the Sparkle Sheep.  Knitted with tinsel yarn the kit came with yarn that coloured my hands and needles! After an email to the magazine they sent replacement yarn and this one knitted up without colouring anything. Looks sweet, doesn't it?

Also this month, last weekend in fact, we went up to Stoke on Trent and visited nearby Churnet Valley Railway for a winter steam gala.  Our first exploration of the year.
It was cold and grey, only to be expected this time of year but enjoyable nonetheless.

Returning to Stoke later we visited the Emma Bridgewater factory shop and cafe to enjoy tea and cake.  There was too much choice in the shop so we bought a couple of mugs...

A souvenir of Stoke.

Lastly this morning I found out in the garden the first daffodil bloom.

Spring is on the way.

1 comment:

  1. 98 Blocks Sue ! WOW ! Your Poppy Quilt is really lovely. I love your Crochet Hearts. What a cute Sheep ! Take care now. Marion x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts