02 April 2017

Knitting and Crochet

I don't quite know when it happened but last year I started to take up crochet although I have been following a few crochet blogs for some time. I found a crochet-a-long in Crochet Now magazine and although I started its not been progressed as I keep losing the number of stitches in each row. I may go back to this later.


I was also taken with making crochet sheep from a Yarndale pattern designed by Lucy of Attic 24 and made not one but two. Keeping the purple one and the turquoise one went to Yarndale.

Then another, knitted this time, sheep.

Then of course there's been the knitted clowns.

They were fun to make and I've shared progress on the blog and Instagram about these. They have their new homes with my granddaughters in Sussex.

But this is was in working on now. I bought the yarn pack back in January and because Godfrey Gadabout was nearly finished I started the Cozy blanket on 1st March and at 31st March this a is where I've got to
It is big and I've got nearly two thirds done. The cozy blanket has 15 colours of Stylecraft Special acrylic yarn and the colour changes are every two rows and it is lovely and colourful and so easy to pick up and work a few rows of and evening while watching the television. Even watching a You Tube video yesterday morning I could also crochet another row and here's a photo a posted yesterday on Instagram 
Just love the colours.

Back at Christmas when David and I returned home from Cornwall we stopped in a town in Devon for lunch and it was right by a wool shop. One of the yarns a bought was a sock yarn by West Yorkshire Spinners. As the blanket nears the end I will be starting on a pair of socks next.  I have mixed fortunes with making socks so I had a look at Winwick Mum's blog who has instructions on sock making and has published a sock book, she suggested using a small circular needle however enquiring at a wool shop in Dorchester said about using larger circulars using magic loop.  Going to You Tube I found a video by Knitting Expat which demonstrates that and also how to knit two socks at a time.  Oh dear looks like I've gone down another rabbit hole as this is what I've been practising this afternoon. This is not the yarn I will be using but some double knitting yarn from my stash.

So as well as the sewing, knitting and crochet as now become a new obsession.  Keeping my busy!

2 comments:

  1. Your sheep are so cute ! I am learning to Crochet and find it quite a challenge. That is a beautiful cosy blanket. The colours you have chosen are lovely. I would love to be able to crochet an Attic 24 Sheep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sheep and your blanket is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts