20 August 2017

The Second Half - Festival of Quilts 2017

A lot of people have said this was a really good show this year.  Quite a variety of quilts and quilted items some of them really stunning. There was a lot more seating around and more catering facilities so queuing wasn't too much of an issue in spite of the number of people there.  Traders seemed to be busy, though I couldn't get near some of them so may have a trawl of the internet find out a bit more later.

On Friday I did two stints of stewarding which meant that I saw more of the Traditional and Two person quilts and later the Contemporary Quilts and My First Quilt sections but it was keeping an eye on the time but I managed some photos.

Saturday I took more and was able to relax a bit and take my time a bit more, though having been tired after two busy days before I was ready to finish by mid afternoon when we made out way home.

Anyway, enough said, lets get onto the quilts

This was the Best in Show, Measure for Measure by Philippa Naylor.  A miniature quilt that was difficult to photo (got there in the end as you can see!) as people wanted a close up look at it. Just 12" of perfection.


Another stunning winner in its category, Contemporary Quilts was one by Linzi Upton, called Beelzebub, which although a whole cloth quilt had a pieced backing to make it double sided, so a steward was on hand to lift the corner of the quilt to reveal the back.


Talking of stewards lifting the back of the quilt here is a quilt below that shows just that! Very clever.

I found that by accident at the end of a  row! It's called A Thank You to All the Quilt Angels and it's by Constanze Botel.

In the Pictorial Quilts category was this one called African Village by Janneke de Vries-Bodzinga


Another Winner, in Quilt Creations was this waistcoat by Jacqui Harvey called Silvery Threads


Some other quilts I like, have to be choosy, can't pick them all 

While stewarding in the Contemporary Quilts section I was drawn to this quilt which looks dimensional, I loved the texture in this. It's by Jill Johnston called A Box In a Box In a Box


Nearby was this quilt, Copper Beech (though it was spelt Beach) by Mary McIntosh


In the Quilted Creations were a lot of amazing pieces, like this Violin, by Sue Trevor


This Beach Scene by Members 13, but was big that I couldn't really get one photo!


A Modern Quilt, Margaret's Modern Heaxies by Margaret Ager, I liked the quilting echoed in this quilt.

I've not yet uploaded pics of the galleries so I think I shall leave it here and will put together another posting soon.  Meanwhile I will leave you with a selfie of a t-shirt that I bought at the show.


Had to be done.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts