11 February 2018

February Catch Up

Blogging seems to have taken a bit less of a priority lately but I've not been idle, so a few things to show here.

Last Sunday followed a rainy Saturday and David and I managed to get to Kingston Lacy near Wimborne.  It is our local National Trust site and this time of year has a fantastic display of snowdrops.  Lovely to see these as it alway seems as though Spring is just around the corner.  We also found that there were other plants in flower too.

 This was one of many displays of snowdrops
 Some were growing amongst cyclamens. This photo was taken with a little mirror behind
 The purple flowers in the pic above are Hellebores
 And some Camelia shrubs were in flower
 Some Aconites were just starting to flower
There was even a Rhododendron flower buds that was really early.

It was so busy at Kingston Lacy I think a lot of people just wanted to get out, even though the wind was bitterly cold.

Back to making things and I have made some pouches, though I found that I hadn't caught down the fabric on one end so that will have to be undone and made up again.  so they will go in my charity sale bag.

I have been tempted by shopping in Easy and purchased some yarn.  There are quite a few sellers that hand dye yarn and I took a fancy to this yarn inspired by the colours of Rhubarb.  A part of the Yorkshire Rhubarb Triangle, between Wakefield, Leeds and Bradford is famed for forced Rhubarb which is grown this time of year.  I thought the colours were amazing and could not resist.  This was from Homespun Wonders


The gorgeous shades of pink and limey greens in a fingering/4-ply weight yarn.  I think this may become a shawlette, but not sure yet as I just love looking and stroking this!  I'd also bought some stitch markers which I could also not resist.

Owls, of course!  They have a clip and a ring on them so could either be moveable stitch markers and the clips could come in useful for making progress too as well as placing on a loop of crochet.

Talking of crochet I've made progress on the Attic 24 Woodland Blanket and am onto the second section of colour changes and am following the random colour changes.  The link that I've put here is for Part 6 so I have a little way to go yet. I've used the Notes on my iPad to copy the listed colour changes in each section from Lucy's blog, which has been handy to refer to. Here's a pic of my progress so far as at this morning.

Just loving the colour changes on this blanket as it grows.

Yesterday was another rainy Saturday but I went to see friends and sewed, well finished off thread ends on the Frivols quilt and there were a lot of ends! But good to catch up and chat.  And this morning we went to Barton on Sea with my Mum for a very breezy walk and a lovely cup of coffee but it was nice to blow the cobwebs away and have lovely views of the sea over to the Isle of Wight one way and Swanage the other way.  So back to another couple of days of work on Monday and Tuesday but we are off to Barnstaple on Wednesday.  I hope there'll be a few photos of our time away then.

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts