08 April 2018

My Solo Finish A Long


I started of the year with a list of my own Finishes as I couldn't find and was too late for the Finish A Long 2018.  I decided that I would start a Solo Finish Along, a list of which is on my sidebar.

I have finished a lot of things at the end of March which I can now deleted from my list.  This has been a handy aid for me to keep track what is outstanding.  I know there will be ongoing items like the pouches, which is fine as I make the odd one now and again and I have several in my collection which will go to charity sales.

 I may do a little tutorial about these as they are quick and easy to make.  Oooh, haven't done one before that's something different!

The Woodland blanket is growing too.  I'm on the 4th part of the colour changes in the CAL (crochet a long) which was designed by Lucy of Attic 24 blog here. I'm crocheting the Random colour way in this CAL and to keep track of the colours I've copied and pasted the changes onto Notes on my iPad and each time I've finished the two rows of the pattern in each colour I've put an asterisk next to the colour's shade.  Here's a pic of the progress so far,  Folded in half lengthwise you can see all the ends on the left hand side to be darned in - I haven't darned as I go.


Third item is the wallhanging with the 'beanstalk' which I've not done anything more about.  It still looks the same, just ridiculous with the stem and leaves all out of proportion with the rest of it.  I have roughly drawn a tree on paper which I can transfer once the 'beanstalk' has been taken out. I should crack on and get this out of the way.

Fourth item is something new to this quarter and is a black/grey and orange/yellow sixteen square blocks.  Nice and easy to cut strips, sew, re-cut and sew again.  I'd like to think these colours would suit a teenage boy and would go towards Project Hope.  My progress as at yesterday was 15 x 12" blocks and I think 20 would be a good number to make. Eventually I would quilt as you go method and join with sashing strips.
So that's my outstanding projects for this quarter of my Solo Finish A Long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I will reply back by e-mail. Do come and visit again!

Popular Posts